I think every person, especially one with creative mind has ever thought of writing his own book. For some people it is just an idea that passes in a blink of an eye, while for others it is a serious matter. Some people even earn their living by writing books. It is often confusing what to start from if you decided to write your own book. It may seem complicated indeed, but by following our simple recommendations you will see that it is easy to publish your writing and obtain grateful fans.
- Clearly define your audience. There is always a temptation to write about what you want, but you need to keep in mind that you need to write about what your audience wants to read! Knowing your target audience ensures that your writing will be sold and enjoyed. Remember that it is almost impossible to write something that everyone will like. That’s why better think who will like it the most? Businessmen, children, housewives?
- After defining a target audience, ask yourself whether your book would be helpful to these people? Will it answer their demands? If you find it useful and easy to read and understand, then it is good to go! If you book is entertaining, it had even more chances to become popular.
- Write out a main idea and stick to it. Do not write about multiple things, do not jump from one topic to another. This way you only confuse your reader and make him close your book. It is important that your whole book is centered around one main idea. Take a look at it every time you want to write a new chapter.
- Take time to design an attracting book cover. Not every writer understand how crucial it is, so do not make the same mistake. Book cover is like a person’s outfit, it is the first thing that we see. That’s why your book will first of all be judges by its cover and if it is not engaging, some readers will not even open the book itself! Look through popular editions both online and in book stores near by to get creative ideas.
- Back cover is of no less importance. It is a good sing that the prospective reader turn your book around, so don’t loose such a great chance to make him buy it! Use the book’s back to write a