POETS CORNER LODGE
Discover a Hotel that defines a New Dimension of Luxury.
Welcome to Poets Corner
Poets Corner is managed by
PCL also undertakes party and wedding catering orders. Please contact our chief of
Also have one of our top Michelin rated chefs cook for you and your team/family in private events.
There is a statement that says, “traveling alone could change your life”. On the contrary to traveling solo, traveling with others could also significantly change your life, but there’s something more to traveling alone and spending time discovering new land abroad. There is a greater fulfillment of it. Traveling alone gives you the opportunity to rely and focus only on yourself. Although this can be scary for most who are used to a support system, it is the greatest form of freedom one could possibly have. Being alone allows you to explore whatever you like and on your own time. No matter where you’re off to, you will be left changed.
Reasons why you should travel alone
- Travelling alone will allow you to be more creative – when experiencing the globe alone, you’ll be inspired by what you get to see, embrace and also, who you get to meet. It is a great way to draw inspiration.
- You will be forced to become a problem solver – Being on your own, with no one to rely on, will help you step up and face problems by using creativity and experience.
- It will allow for you to be more employable – Who doesn’t want to be more employable? One more reason to travel. Like you needed another. Experience is much more valuable than curriculum.
- Being alone, along with new exciting experiences, can improve your mental health – Travelling alone can help you grow mentally. It takes a lot of strength within oneself to make the decision to travel alone and once you make that choice, you already start your journey towards growth.
- It will help you detox from technology – As one of the healthiest addictions, travelling will also help you want to avoid social media. The only way to travel is to embrace your surroundings and only use your phone in case of emergency. Want to take a photo? Bring your camera along and put the phone away.
- It will help you increase your compassion towards humanity, animals and nature – When travelling to various destinations, the two things you’re most likely to encounter is a different type of poverty in each location, as well as different animals living in different circumstances. Once you get to know other cultures and the way people all around the world live, you’ll find a warmer place in your heart with regards to love and kindness.
- You’ll become more confident and comfortable in your own skin – Being by yourself for the most of the time, you’ll learn how to be comfortable and embrace yourself in front of complete strangers. Think about it, if no one knows you, you could be anyone you want, so you might as well be the most of yourself you could possibly be.
Here’s to one of the best things in the world. Travelling. Whether it be for a holiday, for work, or perhaps you’re the lucky one that has the opportunity to travel for a few months and even as an occupation.
If you travel for any of these reasons, or even if you’re travelling for the first time, you’ll have to be ready for a lot of different experiences and situations, depending on where you’re going. The destination is everything. Of course, there are different types of preferences and situations with regards to different locations and cultures, but focusing on tips overall, these are the ones that are a must when travelling anywhere.
The Best Travel Tips
- Be flexible – Be sure to plan and add a little extra free time to your schedule as you never know when things can go wrong. By not knowing how other countries and cultures work, you are prone to run into some sort of mishap. You might not understand, for example, the transportation systems in Asia, or buy the wrong ticket. Whatever the case may be, always have a little spare time to compensate for such a problem.
- Make lists – Draw up lists and plans of where you want to go, what you’d like to do and what you need for that specific trip. This will help you to not forget that sunscreen, camera, or even help you to not waste time. The last thing you want to do is a waste time.
- Remember those extra camera batteries – Ever taken a photo of something beautiful and realized you only have a few shots left before your battery dies? You might be thinking no, thanks to smartphones, you always have a back-up. It’s never the same as a camera though. There’s just something about that traditional camera that gives the effect of a holiday, of which a smartphone cannot replace. Remember to pack backup batteries for those times you’d like to be a little more authentic and take those traditional snaps.
- Have Photocopies of all important documents – Prepare, prepare, prepare. Keep a copy of your passport, extra passport photos and any relevant documentation with you at all times.
- Stay warm – With an unknown climate, be sure to pack for all seasons and not just one. The season of summer, for instance, can often be misleading from country to country. When you compare a Middle Eastern or the U.S. to places like England, the summer is most definitely not the same. Always carry a jacket or something warm wherever you go.
- Buy travel insurance – When abroad, getting sick or the possibility of an accident, can throw you off completely, financial wise. If you’re travelling for extended periods or to on the regular, travelling insurance is crucial. For the most convenient travelling insurance, check out ‘World Nomads’. It will save you a ton of money when travelling the unexpected globe.
Travelling can be a beautiful experience. Always implement planning in order to get the most out of your experience.